Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Farmer's Markets France and United States



It was a pleasure to experience the outdoor markets of France again this spring. They are full of delicious food that has a clear origin, something the French desire more and more. I was told by several French people that they have 'rejected' the foods from the supermarkets.




 
We have farms and farmers' markets here in America, and they are getting more popular. I hope that trend continues.







They are willing to pay a couple dollars extra for good food, and we should be, too. But in some ways it is a Catch-22. I can't get everything I need at the markets here, so I go to the supermarket. But if I go to the supermarket, the markets don't get my money and can't grow.



We have come a long way with the quality of our restaurants in the past decade. Let's hope that the quality and diversity of our other food follows.

No comments: