Friday, May 9, 2014

Two Roads Brewing


Finally got around to stopping in Stratford at Two Roads Brewing. I had tried the beer before, and although it was good I wrongly assumed that it was a small operation. Boy, was I wrong.


Right off the I-95 exit, Two Roads fills an old factory, and has over a dozen large tanks. 14? 16? It is a huge operation for Connecticut, and the layout inside was very impressive. They spent a lot of money on the start-up, and you can tell.


Of course, I like the Robert Frost quote inside (from where the brewery gets its name), and the idea of Igor Sikorsky Russian Stout beer (being a Connecticut booster).


Amy and I tried all 11 beers currently on tap, and though I am not a fan of bourbon beer (though I like either alone), I enjoyed everything else. I was particularly taken with the Maibock.


Amy like the IPAs. We will go back, of course, because this place is a destination, not just a brewery. It is larger than any of the wineries currently operating in the state already, and its product is consistent and good. Thanks for being one of Connecticut's newest and best attractions, guys!



No comments: