Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Fette Sau


 
While in Brooklyn, I stood in line for two hours to eat the fantastic barbecue of Fette Sau.

 



 
The sausage was good, the brisket was amazing, and the pork cheek was fantastic.


Also tried their duck, which was very good, though I still think the one my wife and I make is better.


 
Would I spend two hours again? I don't think so. There are other barbecue/smokehouse places in Connecticut that are nearly as good, and with certain items are just as good. I mean, Uncle Willie's comes to mind immediately. Maybe the brisket at Fette Sau was better, but the ribs at Willie's are unearthly, and I don't have to wait two hours. So, I'm glad I went, but let me tell you New Yorkers, you don't know what you are missing as far as barbecue. And I'm very sure there are better ones around the United States, but Fette Sau's location in the center of the universe (according to some) gives it an advantage that put it higher on the list than it should be.

No comments: