Sunday, August 26, 2012

Oyster Club


Stopped by the fairly new Oyster Club in Mystic for dinner recently. A wedding rehearsal dinner was going on, but we managed to squeeze in out on the porch.


The oyster shooter with vodka and tabasco was surprising and wonderful. And the appetizer of roasted tomatoes with lardo, basil, and a whipped ricotta (I think) was refreshing and delicious.


The lobster roll was excellent, though of course I prefer them "pure."


The pasta with rabbit was a rare treat.


And the snickerdoodles with basil ice cream was another delightful surprise.


I can't guarantee that you'll get any of these dishes, though - their menu is seasonal and direct from the farm or sea whenever possible.

I have to say that this was one of the best "cold" stops I've made recently - just trying a new restaurant with no idea about its quality from the magical internets. And you can be sure they will be in the next edition of the Insiders' Guide.

No comments: