Sunday, December 6, 2009

Sleeping Giant Park Association Xmas Party



Today was the annual Sleeping Giant Park Association Xmas hike and social. The fellowship was strong, the hike was brisk, and the cider was mulled.



Amy and I had a wonderful time meeting new friends, and enjoyed the sing-along after cider and cookies.



Although I've lived in Hamden for over a decade, I never joined the Association for hikes before. I guess I was a bit of a loner. But now it feels good to have others to hike with on the slopes of the Blue Hills, Hobbomock, the Dead Indian, Mount Carmel, the Sleeping Giant, call it what you will - it is home.

2 comments:

hikeagiant2 said...

It really was a lovely day. The snow made it all the more magical!

Eric D. Lehman said...

I'm looking forward to the New Year's day hike!